Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Viral marketing is a methods of list building

There are multiple methods of list building, and if you are just getting started, until you have gained mastery over one or two methods, it is advisable to use multiple methods of list building strategies. You’ll see every step of the process, no matter how small, in exacting detail so

Q: In my article marketing approach and working towards creating back-links to my site(s), does it matter in my resource box whether I type out the URL versus writing which would say "come visit" my site (with the come visit being the link?)

A:This is a good question, and in fact, it matters a lot.

Anchor text or absolute URLs?

Anchor text is when a word or a few words are clickable links. For example, you often see "click here" as a clickable link. In your example, "come visit" would be an underlined clickable link. The advantage to anchor text is that it looks good to the human eye and when you include key words in the anchor text, it looks good to the search engines.

The problem is we have found is that many of the people that use articles on web sites, blogs and newsletters are not savvy enough to use the html the right way so your anchor text winds up as a dead link. An absolute url is a url that begins with http: and ends with .com or the file name. In this way, the link becomes clickable whenever it is used.

If I am using all three available links in the resource box, two out of three of my links will be absolute urls and just one will be an anchor text link. If I am using just two links I would probably use two absolute urls just to be sure. You could have one of each though. And of course if I am just using one link that link will be an absolute url.

In this way you can be certain your link(s) will work for you in your article resource box. You can check out the example below to see what I mean.

And now I would like to offer you free access to 2 of my Instant Article Templates when you subscribe to my free Article Marketing Minute, a 52 week audio/video newsletter on Article Marketing. You can get your instant access at http://www.ArticleMarketingMinute.com

From Jeff Herring - The Internet Article Guy & the Great Article Marketing Network

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home