Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Linking Myths Exposed

In this article I would like to cover some of the linking myths that exist on the internet. Please note that this is based on my own personal experience. Once you understand these you will learn how to get good quality search engine traffic without paying for it.

You may be wondering if reciprocal links still work? Let me tell you in my experience what has happened. On one of my websites I had a reciprocal links page and for some reason Google did not like this. My rankings suffered heavily and I decided to remove this. After I removed the reciprocal links page I recovered my rankings.

So based on my experience I do not recommend this strategy at all as it is likely to hurt your search engine rankings. I think if you are a very old website like at least 5 years old then this may still be beneficial. However, for newer websites Google has got a lot stricter criteria that you need to meet. If you have a few links that are from very reputable websites pr 6 or higher and they are related to your theme then this may help your rankings. However, in most cases you are better off getting one way links to your website as it does not matter on which websites they appear.

Getting links from many directories will boost your rankings. This is a really exaggerated myth. In the older days 2004 and earlier all you needed was a link from Yahoo and Open directory with a few links from a few other reputable websites and you would get very good search engine rankings. These days a link from a directory like Yahoo or Open directory counts towards a link from any other website. So you only really need a link from these two directories. The other directories will not really help your rankings in Google, but will have a positive effect in Yahoo and MSN.

Getting one way links to your website is the best bet for good search engine rankings. The best way to do this is article marketing.

Are you really interested in driving massive traffic to your website?

Here's the answer:

Secrets Of Article Marketing - Download your free ebook now.

Mark Abrahams is a full time internet marketer who has helped others to earn a living online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home